It’s the season for giving! (Sadly enough, it’s just a “season”) But a season none-the-less! There are so many ways you can give, and yet often we opt out because we don’t feel like we are qualified. So what does it take to be qualified to give?
Often people think:
I don’t have enough money.
I don’t have enough time.
My words aren’t eloquent enough.
So and so would do it better.
What if they don’t want it?
The reality is, everyone can give and should give.
- When you give, you not only make someone else feel good, it lifts your spirits as well.
- We all grocery shop, you can pick up something small for a friend who has had a rough week.
- You can cut out your fast food for a week and spend that money on someone who may need it.
- You can go through your basement and collect all the coats you and your family haven’t worn in years (we just did that and had 31 coats to give!)
- Take 5 minutes every Monday morning to write a card to a friend.
- Encourage your kids to collect change, and when you are running into the store, stop and let them give the change to the man ringing the bell.
- You can give time on the phone to a friend who needs a listening ear (or better yet, meet them in person).
We are all is full swing of the season, caught up in the hustle and bustle. Don’t let your cup run dry, find a way to fill it up by giving to others. I love this quote:
Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.
H. Jackson Brown
Take the time physically emotionally, mentally, and spend this season giving. I will guarantee what you will find is a genuine filling of your own spirit.